Practicing what I preach

I think that self-care is a big part of recovery.  That being said, my history of adequately caring for myself is generally bad.

If you are friends with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter, then you have probably heard me whinging about my awful cold.  The terrible I-think-I-just-swallowed-glass-shards stage has passed, and now I'm into trying to figure out how to get through life with five gallons of snot sloshing around in my skull.

Not fun.

So instead of blogging tonight, I'm going to take a bit of my own advice and practice good self-care.  I am logging off the computer and getting some extra rest. 

With that, I'll talk to everyone in the morning.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Sending healthy vibes your way, Carrie!

Lisa said...

:) I'm glad. Take care of yourself.
<3 thanks for your words of encouragement!!! I really appreciate it!

Cammy said...

I hope you feel better soon Carrie, take care!

Jen said...

Hope the rest did you good!

Nina said...

I recently find myself at this same point. Pushing myself to do more, write more, fit more in - and forgetting to take care of the basics. Shutting the computer off and just being still is challenging! Something I really need to do today, so thank you for the reminder. Just being still for a while and perhaps meditating will always bring me greater reward than pushing myself

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments