Cat in a Candy Store

Although the weather is still bitter cold here, spring is grudgingly on its way. And with spring comes pigeons. And with pigeons comes one very happy kitty.

I have a little balcony out the back of my apartment, and because I'm up so high, pigeons like to lounge on the railing. I'm not all too thrilled about this, as pigeons tend to poop as they lounge, but Aria loves their visits. Today, the little dear got quite a treat. Not only is it the start of pigeon season, there were two birds on the balcony.

Two birds.

I'm kind of glad at this point that my windows aren't all that clean because I thought Aria might just try to charge through the glass- and then I would have my own smooshy faced cat. Her tail swished back and forth like it was on a mission. She crouched down and stalked those little birds for about half an hour. Her gaze darted from bird to bird, as if she couldn't decide which one she wanted more. It was like watching a kid in a candy store.

At the end of the half hour, after the birds had flown away (and they didn't even say goodbye to their new friend, the brats), Aria decided she wanted to see if there were any more pigeons coming to visit.

So she climbed up on the top of her scratching post for a better look. It was like Kung Fu Kitty. I managed to snap two pictures with my cell phone before she jumped down. They're pretty small, but you get the idea.



I hope Aria gets more visitors, and I hope the pigeons realize how lucky they are to have a nice piece of glass between them and the cat.

posted under , |

3 comments:

samsi77 said...

AWWWWW how sweet, such the social and curious young kitty she is too!

Sarah said...

That is awesome! My cats are avid bird watchers -- I put a feeder on my little deck to attract the birds, and I think I've gotten as much enjoyment out of it as my cats have.

Anonymous said...

Carrie-

This is too cute! I think you're going to now have to write about Aria and the feline adventures!

XO

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments