Sionara 2006!

I hate the proverbial question of "So what's your New Year's Resoluton?" I want to say something smart-mouthed like "Smack people who ask me about my resolutions," but I don't because my mom spent over 18 years drilling manners into my skull (thanks, mom!).

I'm plain tired of changing myself. I've changed my weight, to absolutely no improvement, and 7 years later, I'm still dealing with the after-effects. And the debt and heartache. I've changed my hair color and ended up a lovely shade of marigold. I've tried to grow out my hair and wound up looking like a Cocker Spaniel- I'm a short-hair girl, no doubt about it.

Change change change.

I say, to hell with it.

My therapist (whom I adore) says that resolutions would be much more effective if we changed our attitudes rather than our behaviors. Which kind of makes sense. The past however many years, I've told myself "This is the year when I will stop restricting/purging/cutting/lying about the above!" Never worked. So instead, this year, I'm not going to make a promise I can't keep. Not that I don't want to quit the above, but let's be realistic here, people.

So my challenge to myself for this year is: to begin to allow myself to ask for help when I need it.

There. That's a little more like it.

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments