Report on AED

Tonight finished up the 2011 International Conference on Eating Disorders. It was a fantastic conference--so good, in fact, that I didn't have hardly any time to blog or Tweet. {{It doesn't help that internet access is $12/day, and I don't want to have to pay for today. I'm blogging on my phone instead.}} I will definitely remedy that when I get home tomorrow.

Tonight was the closing social event, with dinner and a cash bar. I had salad, salmon, mashed potatoes, veggies, and chardonnay. Then, the DJs fired up. It is an odd thing to see some of your idols trying to do the funky chicken. I got jiggy with Cindy Bulik and Susan Ringwood (head of B-EAT in the UK).

And then?

Then I saw a sight that will leave me smiling until the day I die.

I saw Walt Kaye.
On the dance floor.
Trying to bust a move.

It will really be hard to beat that moment. The sight of him dancing with about my level of skill and grace (my mother can confirm it's pretty minimal), was too classic.

I will be sad to leave Miami tomorrow. I really did have a wonderful time.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

posted under |

6 comments:

PJ said...

so glad you had such a great time - there's really nothing better than FUN is there??

hm said...

Oh, awesome. So glad you had fun. Looking forward to reading more about it from you.

Fiona Marcella said...

Lovely! Well done that man for giving the dancing a go.

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe you got to meet Susan Ringwood!!! It sounds like a really good conference :)

Renee said...

Now that is funny.

Anonymous said...

My god am I disappointed I didn't stay another night if only to bust a move with Walter Kaye ;-)

-Kortni

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments