Moving Day!

After a few weeks of getting my new place move-in ready (painting, fixing the bathroom lights, getting the carpets cleaned, etc), it's finally ready for me to move in.  The big day is next Thursday!

I'm very excited to be taking this next step.  I have worked very hard, not just on the recovery aspects, but also on the career/financial aspects.  It's been a long, long slog.  And it's nice to see that all my hard work is paying off.

Not that I'm not nervous.  Transitions are always hard for me, and I know that this is a slightly higher risk for relapse.  I've been working with my former therapist and parents to set up a good plan.

In the meantime, though, there are boxes to pack and bills to pay and stories to write.

posted under , |

9 comments:

hm said...

This is so wonderful. And yes, stressful. (Got that Ativan handy? ;) ) But definitely more wonderful than stressful!

Congratulations on this well earned prize for all your hard work!

Cathy (UK) said...

I'm really happy for you (and Aria) Carrie :) As hm says, it's a well-earned prize!

I hope the move goes really well!

Charlotte UK said...

Carrie

This is such wonderful news. Moving forward, even with the inherent risks, is a big sign of recovery. It is a brave move, on which you are to be congratulated and I am urging you on to your new life - enjoy.

xx

Katie said...

Ooh, congratulations and good luck! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible :)

Cammy said...

Congrats!!! I hope it all goes smoothly, I'm sure it will feel like home for you and Aria in no time. Good luck today!

Eating With Others said...

YIPPY! I'm glad your moving. Your going to love it.

Unknown said...

youve worked SO hard. you desreve this!

good luck

Angela Elain Gambrel said...

Great news! I am so proud of you. [And Dr. S is too - I can tell. :) ]

Congratulations and I like this a thousand times!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Carrie. I hope this is the start of wonderful things.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments