Sunday Smorgasbord

I'm going to try a little different format for this week's smorgasbord--let me know in the comments what you think of the new style!

Identifying Childhood Risk Factors for Anorexia Nervosa (via Eating Disorders Review)

The Man Who Looks Inside Anorexics' and Bulimics' Brains (a profile of Dr. Walt Kaye, aka my "homeboy")

Connecting the Dots: Stress and Eating Disorders (Part One, Part Two, Part Three)

Craig Ferguson's hilarious rant on fat prejudice (the relevant part starts at 3:25)

Mice Selectively Bred for Excessive Exercise or Obesity have Dopamine Abnormalities in their Brains

PANDAS and anorexia nervosa: a spotter's guide

Brain activation when looking at distorted self images varies based on ED diagnosis and subtype

Two Utah women fight eating disorders together

Fluctuating blood glucose levels may affect decision making

Ice dancer gains weight, performs better. World stunned.

Bulimia nervosa with history of anorexia nervosa: Could the clinical subtype of anorexia have implications for clinical status and treatment response?

What fruit flies and mice can teach us about emotion

Family of anorexic told "she'll get better when she wants to get better." She dies first.

And last, but not least: Today marks the kickoff for National Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2010.

posted under |

3 comments:

Tiptoe said...

Personally, I like the other style better where you go in-depth into a particular article. But I could see how this style is much easier and less time consuming and gives a broad range of articles at one time.

Just as a note, I may feel this way because I tend to read similar content. So there may be a bias on my part. ;-)

Carrie Arnold said...

Haha, Tiptoe- my mom said the same thing.

The massive list of links is a little bit easier to compile, and I do like how it covers a broader range of topics. I also tend to prefer a little more in-depth coverage on just a few things, but I'm not sure if everyone likes the same few things that I like!

Deb said...

Excellent format- So much easier to pick and choose what to read, my opinion natch.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments