New blog series on the biology of EDs

I have a number of fancy tricks of my sleeve, some of which actually have a chance of coming to fruition. In the meantime, I've been starting work on a new blog series on the biology of EDs. Most people don't get the up-to-date information when they're diagnosed, and it's hard to ultimately understand and take charge of your illness if you don't know what's really going on. Some of the good research is publicised in the wider media; however, these results are piecemeal, the incremental building of science. This is how research is- it's just the nature of the beast.

In this series, I want to look at things like differences in neurochemistry, genetic predispositions, medical complications, why people get sick, how they stay sick, and how to get better. I will weave together all of these piecemeal findings into something approximating the knowledge you need.

I'm hoping to post a new article once or twice a week- I'd like to do it more regularly, but those little tricks up my sleeve are going to likely suck up much of my free time.

In the meantime, sit back and enjoy. And feel free to post any subject you'd like to see covered in the "comments" section, or drop me an email at carrie and then the little at sign thing, followed by edbites and then a period and then com.

posted under |

3 comments:

Cammy said...

Yay for science! ;)

Susie said...

i'd certainly be interested in medical complications. you never know, i may read something that shocks/scares me into gaining weight.

Susie

Carrie Arnold said...

Susie,

I'm going to answer your comment with its own post- I think it deserves it!

Carrie

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments