Spinning My Wheels

I have this feeling that I'm running, running, running and just not getting anywhere.

The amount of things I need to accomplish is kind of mind-boggling. I was so overwhelmed last night that I basically procrastinated the whole time. Which led to me being even more overwhelmed this morning.

Totally craptacular.

I know what I need to do is keep up with the basics and not let everything get so piled up. I feel better when everything is nice and neat and put away. When the to-do list is manageable.

It's a matter of implementing these things.

I do okay at time management, but not always. I need to do better. The internet is usually infinitely more interesting than my reading for class (I have to read the book "The Great Meadow: Farming and Land Use in Colonial Concord" by Thursday. And it is every bit as torturous as it sounds). I know that this is not likely to change anytime soon.

Getting to bed on time is also an issue. I'm a night person. That is also not going to change. Probably not ever. It's a bad cycle because I feel guilty about all of the stuff I should have done during the day that I didn't, so I stay up late, wake up groggy and cranky (don't I always?), and be less productive again the following day.

Augh.

Well, speaking of procrastinating, I really need to get back to work. And then to bed.

posted under , |

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Carrie,
I hate that feeling, and know it so well. It is just one day, and today is a new day to just focus on. Just today. And being gentle with ourselves if it isn't perfect.

Hugs,
DG

samsi77 said...

well if it helps you are most definately not alone, maintaining a sense of balance is an ongoing challenge. Try to be patient with yourself. You have a lot going on and it sounds like you are doing a great job managing it too!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments