Sunday Smorgasbord

It's once again time for your weekly Sunday Smorgasbord, where I trawl the web for the latest in ED-related news, research, and more, so you don't have to.

Study Challenges Decades-Old Treatment Guidelines for Anorexia.

Alliance-focused therapy for anorexia nervosa: Integrative relational and behavioral change treatments in a single-case experimental design.

Study shows that prevalence of ED's among American teen is higher than what was previously thought.

Dysregulation of brain reward systems in eating disorders: Neurochemical information from animal models of binge eating, bulimia nervosa, and anorexia nervosa.

In outpatient family-based treatment does rate of weight gain matter to anorexia outcome? Yes.

Empirical Classification of Eating Disorders.

Evidence-based treatment and therapist drift in eating disorder treatment.

Anorexia nervosa: a unified neurological perspective.

How Food Likes and Dislikes Affect Our Eating Behaviors.

Effects of an Internet-based intervention for subthreshold eating disorders: A randomized controlled trial.

iRat: Robotic Rat Offers New Tool for Neuroscience Research.

New Model for Childhood Eating Disorders.

CBT can increase cortical inhibition, which can be beneficial for pathological perfectionists.

Coping with the holidays when you have a mental illness.

A really good list of cognitive distortions.

Kathryn Schulz on how regret makes us better.

Eating disorder app 'Recovery Record' developed by Australian student and Stanford University.

New therapy for hard to cure eating disorders.

posted under |

4 comments:

hm said...

I think the AFT article is great- comes back to that whole inability to self-regulate thing. If you develop a tight alliance and therefore strong attachment, the brain will naturally begin to follow the attachment process- and looking to another to help self-regulate is part of that. Honestly, one of the things that keeps me sane during recovery is looking at my therapist and thinking, she knows how crazy I am, but she's ok. That must mean she thinks I can be ok too.

Extra Long Tail said...

The Alliance Focused Therapy case study looks really interesting; not the least because the characteristics of the case described sound like me... Obsessive-compulsive and anxious personality: YES. Emotionally constricted: YES. (It is not that I don't feel emotion; I feel it very strongly. I just don't like feeling emotion, or showing it so I constrict it. Blah.).

I thought that the 'unified neurological perspective paper' on AN would be really good as well, but I found it very rambling and somewhat disjointed.

The study that addresses the rate of weight gain on outcome in AN is very interesting.

Thanks for all of these Carrie! :)

Karoliinaiida said...

hey I think you have a great blog full of good thoughts. please read my blog http://thelittlemissfitness.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Please read up on the SOPA bill and how it could potentially change access to information on the internet:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/246361/controversial_antipiracy_bill_sopa_nears_house_approval_why_you_should_care.html

http://lifehacker.com/5860205/all-about-sopa-the-bill-thats-going-to-cripple-your-internet

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

ED Bites on Facebook!

ED Bites is on Twitter!

Search ED Bites

People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009
People's HealthBlogger Awards 2009 - Best 100 Winner!
Wellsphere

About Me

My photo
I'm a science writer, a jewelry design artist, a bookworm, a complete geek, and mom to a wonderful kitty. I am also recovering from a decade-plus battle with anorexia nervosa. I believe that complete recovery is possible, and that the first step along that path is full nutrition.

Drop me a line!

Have any questions or comments about this blog? Feel free to email me at carrie@edbites.com



nour·ish: (v); to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth; to cherish, foster, keep alive; to strengthen, build up, or promote



Archives

Popular Posts

Followers


Recent Comments